Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Being Blinge

What is a Blinge? Here's a clue: combine blonde and ginger and you get blinger... blinge for short.  It is, literally, a hybrid; furthermore, its a nickname my close friend gave me a few years ago that only a specific few can use.

Next question: What is the point of this blog?

I'll let you know when I figure that out.  The one thing I don't want it to be is a waste of time.  I can't stand people who think that what they have to say is so important, when in reality, no one cares.  So, hopefully, I'll be able to make something of this.  Until it takes shape, I guess this is just my musings.

Here are a few things about me, to get this started:

  • When I was little I wanted to be an author, then a doctor.  That stuck until I took organic chemistry, and now I don't know what I want to do... how original.
  • I like bright colors, the pool, and sunshine (despite the fact that I'm prone to sunburn with 50 spf on).
  • I still watch cartoons sometimes, I will always have a soft spot for boy bands, I like to be lazy but get bored pretty quick, and if my family dinner's were videotaped, I'm pretty sure it would be a top-rated show.  My younger brothers are the wittiest people I know (even if they're annoying sometimes) and my sister makes no apologies.  Mix those qualities with disregard for political correctness and its a pretty lethal combination.  I laugh so hard I can't breath from our dinner-table conversation at least once a week.
  • my top 5 obsessions for the week:
    1. The Help, by Kathryn Stockett
    2. Knee Deep by the Zac Brown Band featuring Jimmy Buffet (I'm not a country music fan, but its such a good summer song!)
    3. Office comedy. I live for when people talk and its clear they have no idea what they're talking about.  My dad says "better to keep your mouth shut and let them think you're a fool than to open your mouth and confirm the fact." but when it comes to other people talking, I disagree.  Keep talking!
    4. friendship bracelets... I have 10-year-old tendencies but I love making them and, more importantly, wearing them.
    5. The blogosphere.  Hopefully someone important will find this and I can make bank from it or at least get free stuff. books, nail polish, movies... whatever. Hello, internet!
  • oh yeah... ESPAÑA! I'm going to Spain in the fall, and this blog will probably end up being noteworthy stories from my semester abroad! ¡A España y más allá! or in English, to Spain and beyond!

2 comments:

  1. I love Blinge. I love Blinge. I love Blinge. I love Blinge. I love Blinge.
    yayayayayayayyy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog!!! Yay blinge!

    ReplyDelete